I'm pretty sure that a blogger who doesn't read other blogs is a rare thing. While I'm rare, I'm not that rare, and I do regularly read quite a few blogs. I thought I'd share today about ten of them that keep me coming back for more, and why.
1. Adventures of a Kitty Eared Girl. I've got a couple good reasons to read Carolynn's blog. For one thing, she's sponsoring me at the moment, so that kind of makes it my job to read her blog. But besides that, her posts are so random that I never quite know what to expect when I click over there. I like someone who keeps me guessing.
2. AunieSauce. She's sweet and cute, and I love weddings, so it was fun following along with her engagement and wedding story this past year. She also posts about hair, which is interesting to me as a hairstylist...but not too much, which is great, because at some point I don't want to think about hair too much outside of school. PLUS! Unlike most 'big bloggers,' she actually responds to emails and blog comments. Amazing.
3. Into the Forest Dim. Because Angi's one of my best friends in this blogging world, and because she gives me all the reminders I'll ever need about why I never want to live in Alaska. Just in case that ever sounded like a good idea at the time.
4. Michmash. Michelle writes posts that fit perfectly with my sense of humor. And I'm the kind of person who'd rather laugh than do pretty much anything else.
5. The Random Writings of Rachel. I read my own blog for several reasons, 1) to check for typos. 2) Because I crack myself up. 3) To remember what happened last month.
6. Sippy Cups and Pearls. Whitney and I started blogging around the same time and I always keep going back to her blog. I love how open she is about her faith and how joyful and yet honest she is!
7. Quite the Blog. I found out about Morgan's blog when she bought an ad on mine, and now, 3 months later, I'm part of the writing team for the magazine she founded. I don't think she has that much time for writing new content for her blog at the moment, with all of her other projects that she has going on, but when she does post, she's got good stuff.
8. For Lauren and Lauren is pretty much the only fashion blog I go back to consistently. Which is funny because I don't think Katie's style is similar to my style at all. But then, I don't know anyone who has the same type of clothing taste that I do. Katie does have some pretty sweet pairs of boots that give me good practice in not coveting.
9. Hope Engaged. Now this Katie and I share some things in common. She and her husband live very close to the place where Angel used to live. And her husband has lived in Indonesia, which was practically my next-door neighbor back in the day.
10. The Days When I'm Not a Nurse. Obviously, I'm partial to nurses, and I really enjoy her occasional "him & her" post.
A critical reading of this list shows that if you want me to read your blog, you could either buy an Awesome Ad to get my attention or you could get married...or you could start blogging the same month that I did...or you could be hilarious. I'd say your best bet is to be hilarious.
And my least favorite things to see in a blog? Cursing, whining, and boring outfit posts. If you're going to write about an outfit, in my opinion, it shouldn't be jeans, ballet flats, and a black t-shirt, that's all I'm saying. I don't read tutorials or recipes either, but that's just because my only manly trait is that I don't read the directions.
Do any of you have any recommendations for blogs I should be reading?