See, I could do a project "Get Tan." But tanning is almost impossible for me. This is the most recent time I was tan: Summer 2008, after spending an entire summer working outdoors on roofs and siding projects. Besides, being tan isn't even healthy for you, so I've just learned to accept the fact that I'll always look especially pale next to Angel.
However, it's only interesting if you discover the exact grand life project that would be appropriate, worthwhile, and interesting to blog about. I periodically toss grand projects around my mind. See what I've come up with so far and rejected:
1. Blog about completely changing our lifestyle and moving to another country. Much as I'd like to...I'm the kind of old fuddy-duddy who doesn't move without a job and visa. So...we must all be patient as far as this project is concerned.
2. "Extreme Makeover." No good, I stubbornly like the way I look.
3. Project Exercise. I can exercise a little regularly, and I see the good of it, but the whole taking measurements, getting bigger muscles, and spending hours on fitness just really isn't my cup of tea. And I'm especially not interested in writing about exercise!
4. Wear _____ (Dresses, cowboy boots, lipstick, etc.) Every Day for a Year. I've actually suggested to Angel that I start wearing only dresses/skirts. He hates the idea, so I'm not going to go with that one. And I think variety is a good thing, so I don't see the point or value in limiting what I wear.
5. Go on a Diet!!! Sounds like torture. Plus...my body seems to do pretty well on my semi-healthy diet which includes fried foods and butter, but also a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and water and made-from-scratch dinners.
6. Fundraiser Project. It's just me. I'd rather give myself than ask other people to give unless it's something really desperate. And I don't like talking about my own giving, either. Awkward.
7. Getting rid of all of our stuff. In all honesty, there are some kitchen appliances that come in really handy....and I'm fairly attached to my clothes...and guests complain when you have no chairs for them...
8. Complete Home Remodel. Well, we'd need a house first. And then we'd need the kind of personalities that don't say, "Oh well, who cares if it's ugly. If it ain't broke don't fix it."
9. Major Car Repairs. I delegate those to my Angel. And I have the slight feeling that lug nuts and struts would make for semi-boring blog material. Though, there are always those exciting adventures when you have to take extreme measures because the wheel is "seized" and won't come off. (I don't participate in these adventures, but I listen to the tales and I imagine that they are exciting)
10. Take a Vow of Silence. Again, torture. And wouldn't it be kind of cheating to blog when you can't talk?
11. Blog Everyday. Too easy. If you guys haven't guessed yet, I'm a writing fiend. I only don't blog everyday because I love the email complaints I get from my mom when I skip a day.
12. Make a Craft Everyday. Now THAT would be a blast. But Angel would say it's too expensive (it is!) and I'm avoiding buying any unnecessary stuff due to hopes of project #1 someday.
13. Project Get a Husband. This would be hilarious. And probably so me if I were myself at my current age (a couple years out of college) and single. However, I've already got one, and society generally frowns on polyandry. So does Angel.
14. Learn and Introduce My Readers to a New Word Everyday. People start to think you're a nerd or something when you use words like polyandry and other much more obscure terms on a daily basis. Of course I wouldn't want to give people the wrong impression that I'm nerdy.
15. Themed Photo Series. Everybody loves a themed photo series! Two problems: 1) I'm not a photographer and 2) I already have two themed photo projects: "Bear With Me" and Anniversary Photos. At some point, you have to say "ENOUGH!!"
So, no. No real-life projects to be blogged about unless I happen to stumble across the perfect one. I'm already rejected these 15 candidates, feel free to use them if you're in the mood to do someone out of the normal for a bit.
Have any other bizarre projects to suggest? I think we've determined that I'm not that much of a project type of girl, but I'd sure like to see what you guys can come up with.