Wedding Anniversary and Christmas in December? Who planned that? I've already talked about the challenges of buying a present for my husband, but he also finds my whims and desires to be somewhat mysterious. Therefore, here's a list of a few suggestions for my man. Here's my Christmas strategy: I don't buy anything for myself from the beginning of October onwards in exchange for fun presents under the tree. Because, in my opinion, opening a Christmas present is way more exciting than just buying something for myself! Although, knowing my Angel, there's no way to tell whether he'll listen to these ideas or else go in a completely different quirky direction. As long as he doesn't wrap up old stuff and give it to me, I'll be happy!
1. A Chocolate Orange.
3. Tights. Bright, interestingly patterned, or sparkly are always a good bet. My bright blue ones have a hole in them, so replacement is an option. I also think purple fishnets are pretty. I hear you can sometimes find $6 tights at Meijer or Target. Leggings or knee-high socks are also interesting versions of tights.
4. A petticoat. I'm thinking navy blue or dark red, but other colors are options. Possible a fluffy tulle skirt that can double as a knee/below-knee-length petticoat too. Only I have no idea where to get one that isn't crazy expensive.
5. A Dress! I'm craving a new dress, but a lot of the winter dresses seem a little too...how shall I say this...gray...for me. You know what I like. This Shabby Apple dress kind of looks like it was designed with me in mind, don't you think?
Isn't that like the happiest dress ever? But sometimes fitted skirts make me nervous. This Modcloth dress has a loose skirt, but I've never ordered from them, so I don't know what size would fit:
Those are just suggestions. Knee-length, short sleeves or possibility of layering, flared skirt, interesting color combos, unexpected details are all encouraged.
6. A Sparkly-ish sweater. Because it's so cold right now and I hate sweaters but I might like it if it were sparkly.
7. Another marshmallow snowman ornament?
8. Something blog-growth related? I'm not quite convinced paid advertising is worth it. Maybe, Angel, could you just become a famous public figure of some sort ( Captain America-esque superhero?) and tell people that they ought to read my blog and buy whatever books I happen to write? That would be a great Christmas gift! :)
Do you have any ideas for where Angel (or others who feel inspired to give me something...) ought to look for a gift? I mean, have you ever just been shopping online and thought--Man, that really crazy dress looks like just the type of thing someone like Rachel would wear? I'm open to suggestions.