First of all, please notice the lockers behind Angel. They look fairly normal, right?
Now look at Angel's locker:
List of items decorating Angel's former work locker: A photo of a koala, 2 Batmen, 1 Superman, 1 photo of himself, a flyer of a weatherman with a mustache, a wedding photo, a fake one dollar bill, and that yellow dinosaur. It's not in this photo, because it's lower down on the locker, but there's also a photo of Tom Cruise cut out from an Oblivion poster. Why? With Angel...there doesn't need to be a reason.
Now that Angel no longer works at the job he's held since a couple weeks before we got married, we decided it's now okay to talk about a selection of the pranks he pulled during his nearly 4 years there. And before reading this list, he'd like you all to know that apparently his coworkers did actually like him and they all said when he left that work will be more boring without him there. Now, let's see what he did to make it so interesting:
- Sprayed Old Spice cologne (that I'd banned him from using on himself because I hated the smell) on the shoes of his coworkers before they arrived at work and put their shoes on. Also poured glitter inside his coworkers' boots.
- Put a sign on the time-clock that said "OUT OF ORDER" shortly before it was time to punch out, causing panic and chaos.
- Rolled a small gray bouncy ball across the hallway in the middle of the night, causing coworkers to think that a mouse ran by.
- Hid under the table right before a meeting, and when people started to file into the room, jumped out and screamed.
- Sent a teddy bear to a male pharmacist with a note saying that it was a gift from Angel's floor, as a thank you for his prompt work. (No one on Angel's floor knew about this gift except Angel.)
- Sent my old mannikin hand from beauty school to a female pharmacist with a note saying, "Thank you for always being willing to lend a helping hand."
- Crouched below the nurse's desk and called out "Help! Nurse! Help me!" to incite panic among his fellow nurses.
- Answered his work phone, "Hello, this is Thor, God of Thunder, how may I help you?" or "This is the Incredible Hulk, How may I help you?"
- Taped 30 tiny pictures of himself all over the unit inside file cabinets and in weird corners hoping that they'll slowly be found months after he's already gone.
- Bought and wore a cap with a Superman logo
- Wrote commendation letters to himself, signing them with his own name. (His work had a system where people could write notes about other nurses for doing an especially good job on something--Angel said he was shocked that no one else ever wrote letters to themselves using this system)
p.s. It's not just work. Check out this photo, from two days before we left America.
That is silver glitter on top of the visor in my uncle's car. Angel was on a mission to make sure that we would be really, really missed.