1. Give step-by-step instructions on how to do something that I probably shouldn't do and didn't know I even wanted to do until you told me how to do it. How to Wear a Bear Costume and Drive a Car at the Same Time. How to Not Let Anyone Know You're Having a Baby Until The Baby is Actually Here.
2. Write a Do-Not-Wish-For list about all the things you're really hoping people never ever buy for you because you suck at pretending to be grateful. A Rubber Band Ball. Yoga Pants. Those awful Hershey's Cookies'n'Cream candy bars.
3. The tale of your most harrowing encounter with an insect. The Butterfly who Bullied me Because I Had a Funny Hairstyle.
4. Write about your feelings for your husband on the day he told your grandpa that you two take showers at the same time. But that never happened, right? Please, tell me it never happened.
5. Make a huge announcement! Baby! House! Car! Debt! Diet! Puppy! I won Miss America! The President Took a Selfie With Me! I Bought Some Awesome Shoes! NASA Chose Me For a Not-Secret-Anymore Space Mission! Bonus: If you do it on April Fool's Day it doesn't even have to be true, it's the law.
6. "A Day in the Life..." of a random stranger that you stalk for the day. At 7:15 a.m. he walked out of his front door, wearing grey slacks, a navy shirt, and a red bowtie. I questioned the wisdom of the tie, but followed in my car until he arrived at the parking lot in front of his work at 7:37 a.m....
7. Write an "Unsponsored" product review of a product that doesn't actually exist. The product can be awful or awesome, you decide. The MyDream(r) Pillow guarantees that you'll only ever dream what YOU want to dream about every night for the rest of your life!
8. Write a list of your least favorite blogs and why and give suggestions on how they could improve. Oh no. Better not do this one. It's mean, and people will be angry with you. Not worth it.
9. Create the most utterly ridiculous DIY craft you can think up, but write the post about it in a very serious way, and then laugh hysterically when your very kind commenters attempt to take you seriously and respond in a positive and encouraging way. I built my own DIY hairbrush out of twigs and twine and sap from trees, now you can, too!
10. When all else fails--you can too. Write about whatever you're worst at. The Tragic Tale of How I've Never Been Able to Whistle/Juggle/Drive a Stick Shift/Take a Fish off a Fishing Hook/Understand the Appeal of Korean Dramas
Sometimes we all just need a little bit of quirkiness in our blogging lives. What's the weirdest blog post idea you can come up with?