If you're in the mood for a post about great men of history and how they inspire me to change the world, you may want to look elsewhere, as this is not really that sort of post. This is a post about fictional characters who shape the way I live on an everyday basis. These are who I strive to be:
1. Shawn Spencer - I don't want to solve crimes, or be anywhere near them for that matter, but I do want to be incredibly intelligent and strive to hide my intelligence behind an unceasing stream of utterly ridiculous comments about random fruits so that I trick nearly everyone into believing I'm a harmless annoyance.
2. Captain Jack Sparrow - I want to be stranded on deserted islands where it never, ever snows and make up stories about my past that are taken as true, thereby creating a legend around myself and becoming the worst pirate you've ever heard of--but you have heard of me.
3. Ginger Grant - While stranded on gorgeous deserted islands in the tropics I want to wear beaded evening gowns and be completely useless, but no one realizes it because I am so very decorative.
4. Captain Hook (Once Upon a Time) - I want to be able to wear eyeliner and be dashing.
5. Anne Shirley - I want to get my books published and marry a handsome black-haired boy and turn even the slightest of mishaps into a grand adventure worthy of writing about in an excessively dramatic fashion.
So, basically, I want to be a glamorous pirate detective and have red hair. Which is unfortunate, really, because I'm naturally law-abiding, I faint at the sight of blood, and I look much better with blue or purple hair. What can be done?
And who do you want to be?