These are all the things I want to do:
- Teach my nephew some cool stuff. Because that's what aunts and uncles are supposed to do, and he's nowhere near as little as he used to be.
- Eat nachos al carbon at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Michigan.
- Eat at Papa John's. Preferably more than once.
-Get caught up on paperwork, renewing driver's licenses and all that fun stuff.
- See all of our Michigan and Texas family (and family in other states, too, if we could swing it)
- If we do make it to states other than TX and MI, I'd love to hang out in my aunt's glass art studio again.
- NOT see any snow.
-Walk through a supermarket and marvel at the foods available.
- Spend some time enjoying the peace and quiet of Bois Blanc Island in northern Michigan.
- Go swing dancing downtown in the city where Angel used to work.
- Visit our old college campus and find and say hi to the professors who haven't retired yet (a shockingly high number of our professors have retired since we graduated...shocking considered I graduated less than 4 years ago).
- Visit either Disney in Orlando or Disney in Anaheim. California might be more plausible since I could spin it as an opportunity for Angel to see his old hometown and his relatives. Unfortunately, I'm not related to anyone in Orlando. Seems like I ought to be, I have family everywhere else...
- Have a family barbecue outdoors on the farm or at the park.
- Visit with all our Michigan friends, from college and church and work.
- Eat one good steak. I'm not even a steak snob, honestly, Logan's is fine with me and I know that's not fine dining. Even one that's home-grilled would be great. We've pretty much given up beef since our move due to cost.
- Angel specifically requests getting a Strawberry Limeade at Sonic.
- Go canoeing at Lake Mineral Wells Park in Texas.
-See at least some location in the USA I've never seen before.
- Stock up on stuff like easily available art supplies and school textbooks and materials and delicious SweetTarts and blue haircolor to bring home with us in our suitcases.
- See our first home once more.
And....that's why we simply won't go back, not for a long time anyway, because we'd eat far too much unhealthy food and spend far too much money on traveling and irresponsible fun if we were back in our own country. I won't even think about the terrible Ringgit to USD exchange rate at the moment, because it'll probably be totally different by the time we're planning a trip (at least that's what I tell myself). We've only been gone a year and a half, so we're not even close to due for a trip home. I love living here, but I think the USA is a great place to take a vacation! When we do go, we'll obviously have to go in summer or fall. No offense to Michiganders, but it's just not that great of a place to be in the winter! I would know...I spent too many winters there...
What would be the first things you would do if you returned to your passport country after a long time away?