Funniest Marriage Moments
1. When Angel had a dream that I was going out on a third date with another guy and he was pretty upset because one, or even two dates, he could understand, but three dates in a row was just too serious of a relationship. He wasn't okay with the third date.
2. When my uncle passed us going the opposite way while we were driving, and later complained because he waved and waved but we didn't even see him because we were just looking at each other (not recommended when driving).
3. This story that's too embarrassing for me to even type again. If you're curious and want a laugh, read it. If you don't want to embarrass me further, don't read it. Up to you.
4. That time a nice young man asked me out at a New Year's Eve dance I attended with my family and I responded with "Thank you, but I'm married." and he said, "Oh, where's your husband?" and I said, "He's at work." and then we had a nice conversation about where Angel worked and the crazy schedules inspired by hospital shifts.
5. When we went on a date and Angel locked the keys in the car, and my grandparents lived ten minutes away so we ended up calling my grandparents to rescue us from the restaurant so that we could drive home in their van to pick up the spare keys. It's really weird to be married and to get picked up from a date by your grandpa.
6. The birthday when Angel wrapped up a whole bunch of stuff from around our house like they were birthday presents and gave them to me. He thinks this is hilarious. I think I'll finally come around to thinking this was funny in about 5 more years. I don't mess around when it comes to presents.
7. When, a year after we got married, I turned in a final paper for sociology class with my maiden name on it and later my professor called me over to talk and said he was going to deduct points because I forgot my own name. This was only funny when I realized he was joking.
8. When my cousins told me they were scared of Angel because his big teeth looked like shark's teeth.
9. That time there was a bat in our house and Angel videotaped himself catching it and then he brought it over to show it to me, which resulted in piercing screams, forever memorialized for posterity in the form of a video.
10. When I woke up screaming "Mommy!! Mommy!! Mommy!!" at the top of my lungs when Angel walked in the bedroom after midnight, getting home from a late shift at work. Hey, it's really scary when some guy just walks into your room in the middle of the night like he's supposed to be there!
11. All the times we went sledding with our cats Narcan and Morphine. Angel claimed they loved it. I'm not completely convinced.
12. When I came back from a trip to Malaysia, hadn't seen Angel in a few weeks, and he tried to disguise himself at the airport by wearing a hat and growing out his beard--knowing that I can't see very well when not wearing my glasses. I did find him in spite of his disguise, but not immediately.
13. When Angel utterly has always utterly despised the idea of costume parties or couples' costumes (even though I think they're awesome), and then bought a mascot-style bear costume on eBay.
14. First morning of marriage. Angel wakes up early and vacuums up all the glitter our relatives had sprinkled inside our car during the wedding. We get in the car to head out to breakfast. It's a sunny morning, so he puts the visor down, instantly dousing himself with a shower of glitter. I spend the rest of the drive holding the passenger seat visor tight against the ceiling so that I won't be similarly glittered.
Linking up with #LoveBlog because there's no better time to laugh about the funny stuff of marriage than during National Marriage Week.
What's your funniest marriage story? Or top 14 funniest? The more funny marriage stories, the better.