It's not all that often we get an extra day in the year, so it stands to reason we ought to do something, anything, to make it memorable. May this year's Leap Day be just one of the reasons why your 2016 is epic.
1. Take a jumping/leaping picture. Notoriously difficult and silly-looking and yet we all attempt it once in a while. Might as well try it on this year's extra day. Alternatively--stage a long jump/high jump competition and take photos.
2. Wear your favorite clothes.* 2016 gives us an entire extra day so it's not like we can complain there's not enough time to do the laundry.
3. Find someone whose birthday is on Feb. 29th and wish them a Happy Birthday! I don't personally know anyone, but it just seems like if you only get a birthday once in four years you ought to get an excessive number of birthday wishes, including wishes from strangers, when it actually happens, doesn't it?
4. Discover why we actually have Leap Year, if you don't already know. If you do already know, explain it to a kid who doesn't yet know about it.
5. Write down some goals you want to accomplish before the next Leap Day comes around. Four years ought to be enough time to get some big stuff done.
6. Go to an indoor trampoline park (like this one) and leap as high as you can!
7. Do something, anything, that you always claim you don't have time for! Read a book, sew a skirt, write a letter to your grandma, have your friends over to play a board game. Today, you have extra time. Use it wisely.
*Is "wear your favorite clothes" my suggestion for every holiday/celebration as well as life in general? Yes, yes it is. How astute of you to notice! At least I'm consistent.
How will you celebrate Leap Day?